Sunday, October 19, 2008

October 25 is National Zombie Day!

On the same day as the Emma Crawford Festival mentioned in today's blog, yours truly will be in Watkins Glen, NY to take part in my very first zombie walk. October 25th is "National Zombie Day" and zombie walks will be happening all over the place. If you look around the internet, you may find one going on near you next weekend.

If, however, you happen to be an Upstate New York resident like myself, you could take part in the very first LCP Zombie Walk in Watkins Glen. The ghoulish event is being held to benefit the Lake Country Players, a community theatre group that has been active in the area for more than 3 decades. I will be shambling along with the other zombies.

There is also a possibility that my 3 year old daughter will be joining in the zombie horde (she waited til the last week to finally show an interest. I've promised her I'd buy her a masonry trowel so she could look like her namesake Kyra Schon in Night of the Living Dead.

If you are interested in taking part in the LCP Zombie Walk (or just spectating) information is available at their MySpace page: http://www.myspace.com/lcpzombiewalk

Come rot with me!

-Tom G

No comments: